Revised date: 2023-02-13
. You can read more about the types of cookies we use, why we use them and how you can exercise your cookies choices below.
What are cookies?
We use the term ‘cookies’ to refer to all technologies which store and access information on the device that you use to access our websites, such as your computer, tablet or mobile phone. For example, we use http cookies, which are small data files (typically made up of numbers and letters) that are downloaded when you access our websites and allow us to recognise your device and the actions you take on our websites. We may also use technology like pixel tags and software kits embedded in our websites.
There are different types of cookies, for example:
- Cookies served directly by us (‘first party cookies’), and cookies served on our behalf, for example by advertisers and data analytics companies, including third party iframed and embedded content that may serve their own cookies in relation to the services they provide such as video streaming. (‘third party cookies’)
- Cookies which endure for different periods of time, including those that last only as long as your browser is open (‘session cookies’), which are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are ‘cached cookies’, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. For example, they recognise your device when you open your browser and browse the internet again. Cached cookies can be cleared using your browser controls.
Which cookies do we use and why do we use them?
- Necessary: Some cookies are necessary to provide you some of the features of our websites. Without these cookies some parts of our websites may not work as expected.
- Preferences: These cookies enable our websites to provide you with relevant information by, for example, recalling your preferences or triggering regional settings, and help us understand how you use our websites so we can make improvements.
- Marketing: We work with third party advertising networks that collect information using cookies to help make the advertising you see on our websites and elsewhere on the internet more relevant to you, and to measure the effectiveness of the advertising on our websites. These services may set cookies on your device.
- Statistics: We use services like Google Analytics to collect information on how our websites are used and report usage statistics. You can control and delete these cookies through your browser settings.
How can you exercise your cookies choices?
Most browsers allow you to control cookies by adjusting your browser preference settings. However, they are an important part of how our websites work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website.
For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org